Are you planning to migrate to Australia or Canada but you are not too sure of which of the visa category would be better for your plans or pursuit or at least will grant you the necessary right in the country. This is actually the questions of many immigrants who plans to live and work in abroad countries such as Canada or Australia, sometimes they tend to remain confused about the appropriate visa option for them to choose. Well, you are not alone. The fact Remains that you cannot get direct citizenship in foreign countries just because you are a skilled professional. There are process to getting a citizenship of a country, You have to first get into the country and start to explore the pathways to get citizenship of the country you are into
Well, if you have not gotten the citizen of a country yet, u do not have to bother so much, if you can get the Permanent Residency, it will offer you some rights and privileges similar to a citizen with few limitations. For example, countries like Canada and Australia offers you the permanent residence(PR) visa category which provide the visa holder several rights and privileges which is similar to a citizen of Canada or Australia.
Meaning Of Permanent Residency (PR)
There have been many confusion in the mind of many immigrants over Permanent Residency and Citizenship. The question is What does Permanent Residence offers? in Permanent Residence a country allows you to live and work in any part of that country on a permanent basis and You get most of the rights and privileges similar to a citizen also, with few limitations. For example In Canada and Australia, Thousands of of immigrants from many countries are living on a permanent basis and enjoying most benefits that is enjoy by its citizens. and Canada and Australia are the countries, which actually has one of the simple Permanent residence process and regulation.
Advantages of permanent residency
These are the advantages of a Permanent Residence in Canada and Australia:
1. Once you are Granted Australia Permanent Residence, you are permitted to work or study in any part of the country you reside.
2. Australia or Canadian Permanent Residence grants you social benefits similar to the citizens of the country.
3. If you get an Australia or Canada permanent residence, you have access to free or subsidized health care and education in the Country.
4. With Permanent Residency in Canada or Australia, an immigrant can apply for citizenship after the required frame of time. Like in Australia, you need at least two years to apply for Citizenship after getting your Permanent Residency.
5. Permanent Residency in Canada or Australia puts you in a similar position as the citizens in the eyes of the law. That means you can get protection under local laws of the country just like the citizens of the country.
6. However, you can get an automatic citizenship of Canada or Australia by birth. that means if you gives birth in both countries, your child is automatically a citizen.
Limitations Of Permanent Residency
This are some of the limitations of Permanent Residency when compare to a Citizenship in Canada or Australia.
1. One of the limitations of Permanent Residency when compare to a citizenship is that you are not allow to run for a political office, you are not allow to vote or to be voted for.
2. You are not allow to handle a certain jobs that have to do with a high-level security clearance in the country of your Permanent Residence
Note: As a Permanent Residency of Canada or Australia, you have to follow certain related guidelines and regulations for your travels in and outside the country. This regulations and guild lines revolves around:
1. The period you are to outside the country of your Permanent Residence.
2. Guild lines to Applying for Resident return visa when you are coming back to the country after your travel.
3. Guild lines and regulations on the Renewal of your Permanent Residency status.