Home / Immigration / Best Five (5) countries to work and study

Best Five (5) countries to work and study

For a student who have a plan to study abroad, but don’t have a scholarship that covers all of your academic expenses, you might consider getting a full-time job or part-time. Which will help you to maintain an income allowing you to handle your academic challenges without worrying about money. After some research, it have been found that there are at least 5 best countries in which you can work while studying.

Because The main problem that most international students face is not being permitted to work while studying in some countries. For example, one of the countries which makes it impossible for international students to obtain a working permit is Italy. While Other countries like China allow foreign students to work but in realty, they make the application process for a working permit to be very hard. The USA also have a very tricky and complicated laws and strict rules when it comes to working while studying. In other harsher counties like Costa Rica, international students are totally banned from working while studying in the country.

Fortunately, there are plenty of countries, which offer a great education and also let their international students work part-time or full time, while doing there studies. However, some have a relatively high restrictions on work permit while some are quite fair. This are the five best countries for international students who need to work while studying in the country:
1. Canada.
This is one of the best country to study and work. The country is a beautiful place with some much to offer in terms of education, especially if you want to stay there after your Education. Because the country makes it simple for foreign students hoping to stay and work in Canada after their studies. However, if you need to work while studying, the rules are a bit complicated, so lets explain them in a bit more details.

An international students can work on campus if they are a full-time post-secondary student at the following:

A public post-secondary school, such as a college or university
The CEGEP in Quebec (a private college-level school in Quebec that operates under the same rules as public schools and is at least 50% funded by government grants)
A Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law of the state.

You also need a study permit and a Social Insurance Number to get a work permit. There’s no limit in hours for on campus work for the student.

However, If the students want to work off campus without a work permit, they are permitted to work a maximum of 20hrs per week. Additionally, they also need a study permit that allows them to work off campus, which is provided on the permit. They need to be full-time students at “a designated learning institution and they need to be Registered in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program or a secondary-level vocational training program (in Quebec only). This goes without saying that they also need to have a Social Security Number to work off campus
2. Australia
This is one of the best countries in the world where you can work and study. for example, If you manage to get a student visa and take a college course in Australia, not only can you work there while studying but any of your family members i.e family members included in student visa application that are with you can also work while you study in the country. The same rules is applicable to both students and their family members who wish to work.

and good enough, while you are yet studding, all of you can work up to 20 hours per one week and can work full-time during vacations. Also if you are a postgraduate research student, you can work full-time if you started a masters in research or a doctoral degree. The same rights apply to all your family members who which to work.
3. Sweden
You must have heard that Sweden is a great place to live and it is a great place to study also. Sweden has a lot of high ranking universities in the world, even though, you won’t find it among the top ten countries of the world in terms of educational system and quality yet, it is still among the best choices in the world for international students who wish to study abroad.

One of the good part of the country when it comes to education as an international student is that, the country is very lenient when it comes to allowing international students to work and study. If you have a residence permit in Sweden <and you have one if you’re studying in Sweden> once you have your residence permit, there is no official limit on how many hours you can work in a week or in a month. You can find out more about the topic.
4. New Zealand
Just like Sweden, New Zealand does not have world famous universities but all the same it offers an excellent education for its citizens and for international students. New Zealand is also one of the countries in the world with the highest standard of living. And applying for a student visa is very easy and straightforward process

If you want to work for some time before you start your studies, it is possible. However, you must check your eVisa or physical visa label which can be found on your passport for your working rights. It can also be found in a letter that comes with your student visa. If you cannot find your working your permit stated in it, then you are not eligible to work in the country as a student before or while studying

But if you have permission to work as a student, you can work up to 20 hours a week if you’re studying full-time for at least two years. but during Vacations, international students can work full-time. You can also work full time without any restriction if you are enroll in Ph.D. or Masters in research.
5. France
Studying in France as an international student is one of the best options among the great countries of the world. As an international student, you can have have a scholarship that covers all of your expenses. But if you have to work to cover up your expenses, then France is still a great country to go. One good thing about studying in France is that all international students are allowed to work while studying in the country.

International Student are limited to work 964 hours a year or about 19 hours per week. But if the international student is outside EU they must have a student resident permit. For Algeria students, APT or temporary work permit is needed for them to work. But other international student can work without having such permit.

About Awoko

Check Also

10 High-Demand Skill/Semi Skilled Jobs in Canada

As an immigrant in Canada, it is advised to acquire some skills either full skilled …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *